[rabbitmq-discuss] Durable exchanges

Valentino Volonghi dialtone at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 00:31:23 GMT 2009

On Jan 12, 2009, at 4:12 PM, Matthias Radestock wrote:

> There is a difference between durable and non-durable exchanges. The
> former survive a broker restart. The latter don't.

Sure, but as I showed in the post I didn't see the difference but I
was probably
doing something wrong.

> amqp_channel:call(Channel, #'exchange.declare'{exchange = Name,
>                                               durable = true}).
>
> That's pretty easy, isn't it?

Well... Yes, it's just annoying because then I need to replicate this
call in every
place where I need a durable exchange and it would be a lot easier if
it was part
of the client api (I attached patches for the stuff that I needed in
this ML, and I see
that part of the things are already there in the recent client
revisions).

> Could you perhaps start from a clean RabbitMQ instance, run the
> above through the tracer (http://www.rabbitmq.com/
> examples.html#tracer) and post the output (along with the complete
> code you ran)? That way we can tell whether the it's the client or
> the server that is at fault here.

I don't really have java setup here (and I don't even know how to set
it up to be honest,
I'm happy without knowing java) so it would take a considerable effort
to do so... it's
definitely possible that it's an error on my side so I wouldn't worry.

--
Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
Now running MacOS X 10.5