[rabbitmq-discuss] Monitoring Question

Aman Gupta rabbitmq at tmm1.net
Mon Jan 12 23:34:28 GMT 2009

You could also do this via ruby, but the protocol only gives you the #
of consumers and the # of messages on the queue:

require 'rubygems'
require 'mq'

AMQP.start(:host => 'localhost', :port => 5672) do
  EM.add_periodic_timer(30){

    MQ.queue('name').status{ |n_messages, n_consumers|
      send_email if n_messages > 100
    }

  }
end