[rabbitmq-discuss] Monitoring Question

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Mon Jan 12 22:52:13 GMT 2009

Jason,

Jason J. W. Williams wrote:
> Will probably end up scripting
> rabbitmqctl...just hate output scraping. :-)

rabbitmqctl was designed to make output post-processing easy. Hence the
"-q" flag to suppress informational messages, and the tabbed output format.

Eventually we will expose management functionality over other paths too.
But there are so many to choose from - SNMP, JMX, AMQP and others have
all been mentioned in discussions - that we decided to first go with the
simplest thing that could possibly work.

Matthias.