[rabbitmq-discuss] spec scope question

Martin Sustrik sustrik at imatix.com
Wed Jan 7 15:29:26 GMT 2009

Tim,

There's no way to do such thing.

When AMQP was designed one of the principles was "zero config" i.e. that
it should be possible to run AMQP broker with no configuration and that
applications should start running immediately.

This means that applications have to define the data flows themselves
(using exchange/queue/bind semantics).

My feeling is that this design decision was rather unfortunate - exactly
for the reason you've mentioned: The definition of global data flow is
scattered across all the application code in the enterprise and thus
virtually impossible to collect, inspect, reason about, modify etc.

Btw, I would suggest asking questions related to AMQP as a specification
on amqp-dev mailing list. You'll get larger audience that way :)

Martin