[rabbitmq-discuss] Deploying RabitMQ for my Application - Questions and Doubts

Karthik coolkarthik88 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 10:39:31 GMT 2009

Hi Alex,

Thanks for writing in. Here is the scenario.. I need to be running a single
cluster of Servers housed in a single Data Center. The problem I am trying
to solve involves pushing out information to clients spread across the globe
asynchronously aka push the data to them as and when the need arises. The
data to be pushed in will be pumped by a Web Based front end..

The communication will primarily be Private communication, that is server
directly talks to the client.. In my problem none of the clients can talk to
each other.. Information can only be exchanged between the client and server
in both the directions. PubSub or fanout communications will be involved
too, but most communication will be private (connections need to be
encrypted).

To scale my system, I was thinking that splitting the system on a country
wise basis, will allow me to scale easily. I am planning to use Amazon EC2,
so during night times or off peak hours, I'd want the power of different
instances responsible for different countries to be reduced, to save
expenses.

Can you point me to real implementations of this kind that have used
RabbitMQ in the past? Also I'm expecting anywhere between  10-5 M0 Million
clients, so do you think its feasible? Also what would be latencies involved
on an approximate measure...

Regards,
Karthik Kastury

http://dailyapps.net/ | +91 9739864254