[rabbitmq-discuss] Deploying RabitMQ for my Application - Questions and Doubts

Karthik coolkarthik88 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 02:26:41 GMT 2009

Hi,

I am looking for a solution for the problem that am currently looking
to solve... I am trying to build a scalable AMQP Messaging system,
where multiple bots(in the range of 1 for each country in the world)
push out messages to clients spread all over the world. The
communication will be truly one to one, that is one server bot will
communicate with bots, and each client is assigned one server bot.
Messages are mostly private, i.e. only from the server to client and
vice versa.

There can be anywhere between 10-50 Million Concurrent Clients,
Messages are in the size of 2-3KB(Well formed XML), that can be
transmitted in the both the directions i.e. Client->Server(bots) and
vice versa.... My estimates put at the messages to be going outwards
in either directions somewhere in the range of 50-100 messages/second.

The Clients will need to send/receive all the information as encrypted
data using SSL+TLS and any other scheme..

Will RabbitMQ be a good choice for the kind of the problem I'm trying
to solve..

Any help will be appreciated.. Also how much better is using AMQP
based RabbitMQ in comparison to XMPP based Ejabberd/Openfire etc?

Regards,
Karthik Kastury

http://dailyapps.net/ | +91 9739864254