[rabbitmq-discuss] Scheduling algorithms

Dragan Zubac zubacdragan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 10:41:58 GMT 2009

Hello

Let me explain it with some examples.

There are processes A,B and C that insert messages into RabbitMQ. All
this messages should reach point D.

If A,B and C insert various number of messages into RabbitMQ,what
algorithms will RMQ use to deliver those messages to D ?

Examples :

A inserts 100 messages
B inserts 100 messages
C inserts 100 messages

Will RMQ send all messages toward D in round-robin fashion or the
delivery order will be undermined ? Or maybe in some other fashion ?

A inserts 100 messages
B inserts 100 messages
C inserts 1000 messages

What mechanisms one might have to deliver all this messages to D in
desired fashion ? Somebody would like to deliver them in round-robin
fashion (send 1 A's message,send 1 B's message,send 1 C's
message),others might want to give higher priority to C's messages or so
(example : send 10 A's messages,send 10 B's messages,send 100 C's
messages),or some other model of delivery that business model could desire ?

I'm asking this questions because business model might be changed
on-the-fly,so it might be very important to be able to change the
behavior of delivery mechanism to satisfy those business model.

P.S.

I was lazy to add multiply destination points,but I guess You get the
point with the above examples as well.

Sincerely