[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit Erlang Client on Windows

Colin Z theczintheroc2007 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 21:00:02 GMT 2009

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the response! Lots of work is better than no work ;)

Here's what I ended up having to do to get everything to compile and work
under Windows + Cygwin:

Use python26
Install zip and unzip packages in Cygwin via Cygwin's setup.exe
Change the line in common.mk to
LIBS_PATH=ERL_LIBS="$(DEPS_DIR)/$(DIST_DIR)/$(ERL_LIBS)/"
Copy the dist/rabbit_common directory that gets generated to the Erlang
/lib/ directory

I can't remember if I had to run "make" again after copying the
rabbit_common directory, but the above should get Windows users 95% there.

Might be useful to throw up on an FAQ somewhere until a later release makes
it more streamlined.

-Colin