[rabbitmq-discuss] load balancing for consummer

Benoit Chesneau bchesneau at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 09:23:27 BST 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 1:18 AM, Ben Hood<0x6e6562 at gmail.com> wrote:

> couchdbbot_consumer ! msg
>
> would resolve the pid of your gen_server instance.
>
> However, the atom you use to subscribe to the queue is ?MODULE (which
> would preprocess to bot_consumer) which wouldn't resolve to a pid.
>
> So I was wondering where the magic occurs, that's all.

dunno myself, I will provide the pid now.

> Having said that, I am actually wondering whether we're speaking about
> the same thing. The process that is subscribed to queue will only get
> 3 types of messages from the amqp_channel process, namely
> basic.consume_ok, basic.cancel_ok and basic.deliver. I don't see where
> the socket exceptions are going to come from.

socket is in the init. I guess that when the socket failed it didn't
receive connexion so the gen_serv failed and supervisor tried to
launch new instance then the error happend. I need to rethink that,
I'm not sure actually how i could simply wait a  new instance come up
in the rabbitmq cluster.

> PS Please try to keep the discussion on list, as other people will be
> able to help as well :-)

sure , I blame gmail for that :) sorry anyway.

- benoît