[rabbitmq-discuss] method-like calls

Jim Irrer irrer at umich.edu
Thu Aug 20 22:46:31 BST 2009

Thrift looks pretty good, but it does not seem to support one-way messages.
All are implemented as if they were using a server-client model, and we will
have some relationships that are one way (fire off a message and forget
about it).

I was able to fake out Thrift by creating my own null protocol and
transport, and
that would be ok, but it requires writing code for each platform, and if
there is
a niftier way to do this I would like to know.

Thanks,

- Jim

Jim Irrer     irrer at umich.edu       (734) 647-4409
University of Michigan Hospital Radiation Oncology
519 W. William St.             Ann Arbor, MI 48103