[rabbitmq-discuss] Working with Java Client

Ram Muthiah ram.muthiah at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 18:40:05 BST 2009

Hi Paul,

I feel the examples document needs to be more detailed. Examples page instructs to run runjava.bat com.rabbitmq.examples.TestMain to run the TestMain class. But, don't we need to change hostname, guest, password, etc before running these classes?

You have a wonderful product. But, if the users don't find detailed instructions to use it, it's very hard to run even some simple tests. Jason wrote in his blog (http://blogs.digitar.com/jjww/2009/01/rabbits-and-warrens/) about rabbitmq documentation as "horrible" back in Jan 2009. I feel that quality of the documentation still remains the same.

I setup the server, I ran some basic python scripts to send/receive messages, they work well. I am stuck while using java client. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Ram