[rabbitmq-discuss] Working with Java Client

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Tue Aug 18 20:16:50 BST 2009

Ram,

just to follow up on what Paul and Matthew said ...

Ram Muthiah wrote:
> Instruction for "Bundled Examples"
> (http://www.rabbitmq.com/examples.html#demo-server) says "The source
> code for these examples is in the |java/test/src| folder in the source
> distribution". But, there is no java/test/src folder in the source
> distribution I downloaded from
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-java-client/v1.6.0/rabbitmq-java-client-1.6.0.zip.
> This zip folder has the structure like
> rabbitmq-java-client-1.6.0/test/src/com/rabbitmq/client/.....

The examples are indeed located in the test/src dir. I have corrected
the web page.

> All sample codes refer AMQP class which is supposed to be in client folder, but
> AMQP is missing. So the commands like "import
> com.rabbitmq.client.AMQP.BasicProperties" fails all over the place.

If you want to build the client from source, please follow the
instructions at http://www.rabbitmq.com/build-java-client.html. The
build process generates the AMQP class automatically from the spec.

Regards,

Matthias.