[rabbitmq-discuss] How to sanely bind one queue to many exchanges?

Nathan Gray n8gray at n8gray.org
Sat Aug 15 06:33:56 BST 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Nathan Gray<n8gray at n8gray.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Paul Jones<pauljones23 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The one queue can be bound to a single exchange with multiple routing keys;
>> so each player would only need to have a single queue. Depending on how you
>> access Rabbit, it might also be worth putting the routing key into the
>> message body, just to make it a bit more accessible (since some apis don't
>> provide the easiest access to the routing key).
>
> Cool!  That should solve my problem.  I think I'm ready to write a bit
> of code.  BTW, I'd appreciate any pointers on using the C client code
> from anybody who's had experience with it.

Oops, more questions.  Assume I've created a queue, bound it to an
exchange with some keys, and started a consumer on it.  If I want to
bind on yet another key do I need to cancel the consumer first, or can
I just keep issuing queue_bind at arbitrary times?

Also, is there a nicely-formatted non-xml version of amqp0-8.xml somewhere?

Thanks,
-n8
--
http://n8gray.org