[rabbitmq-discuss] One queue and several subscribers, load balancing (using ... rabbitmq + txamqp + python)

Darien Kindlund darien at kindlund.com
Thu Aug 13 02:47:03 BST 2009

Dale,
RabbitMQ v1.6.0 rolled out a "prefetch" (or window size?) option,
which allows you to specify how many messages should be cached per
consumer upon subscribe.  To accomplish your goal, simply set that
attribute to 1, when declaring and subscribing to the queue.  I'm not
familiar with txAMQP, but it should support this feature.  Others more
knowledgeable in txAMQP can provide example code; all I can tell you
is that the feature exists on the server.
-- Darien