[rabbitmq-discuss] Weird Crash (91MB message over STOMP) [Reproducible]

Darien Kindlund darien at kindlund.com
Sat Aug 8 09:09:04 BST 2009

>> 1) The current persister doesn't cope with such large messages very well. If
>> the message was transient you may well be ok. Did you try running the test
>> with transient messages? (NB: the queues can still be durable)
>
> Good idea, I'll re-test with transient messages and let you know if
> that solves the problem.

This is interesting.  So I resent the large message with
'delivery-mode' of '1' instead of '2' (which should make it NOT
persistent -- right?).  RabbitMQ still dies.

I also tried sending the message via STOMP without specifying any type
of 'delivery-mode' (because I think the default is to mark the message
as non-persistent).  Even in that scenario, RabbitMQ still dies.

I don't think this is just a persister problem... unless the persister
is involved in handling non-persistent messages on durable queues.

FYI,
-- Darien