[rabbitmq-discuss] Receiving Undelivered Persistent Messages

Vidit Drolia viditdrolia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 17:03:57 BST 2009

Hi,

I am using a durable exchange, durable queue and persistent delivery
mode for messages. This makes sure that the messages I receive are
persisted till they have been consumed. The consumer is receiving
messages by subscription. However, if the consumer dies, the next time
it runs again it receives only one message. I believe this is by
design of receiving messages by subscription. Now, if I want the
consumer to receive all the messages it has not received so far, I
could do a basicGet till I consume those messages  and then switch
back to subscription mode. Is there any mechanism in RabbitMQ that I
could use to do this?

Thanks!

Vidit