[rabbitmq-discuss] Issue in Java client while fetching channel

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 11:14:42 BST 2009

Anand,

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Anand Ved<anand.ved at xoriant.com> wrote:
> I am using web application to receive requests from clients. Each request would arrive as a separate thread and hence I cannot reuse the channel so it makes no sense in storing them.

Are you using a web server that actually creates a new thread to
handle each request?

Although creating a channel for each request is not necessarily a
major issue for Rabbit or the Java client, at some stage you might
find some kind of pooling helpful, e.g. commons-pool.

> Thank you for your quick investigation and reply. Please keep me posted on the status of this bug.

This is fixed and is awaiting QA. If you want the un-QA'ed fix, check
out the branch called bug21333 from the repository. I'll put a note in
the bug to inform the mailing list when this lands on default.

Ben