[rabbitmq-discuss] Issue in Java client while fetching channel

Anand Ved anand.ved at Xoriant.Com
Tue Aug 4 19:44:10 BST 2009

Hi,

I am facing a typical issue while fetching a channel from the connection
while using Java client.

In my code, I was utilizing a connection that is alive and fetching
channels by calling connection.getChannel();
While my application server was running for over 3 days, I found that
getting channel obj via calling connection.getChannel() would return
null.

Investigation lead to my not closing the channel after publishing a
message. And I have now closed the channel as soon as I publish.

Are there any other known scenarios where we would get the channel
object as null.

My connection params has requestedChannels as 0, requestedHeartbeat as
360 secs. Please suggest.

Regards,
Anand Ved | Xoriant Solutions Pvt. Ltd.