[rabbitmq-discuss] Recovering from power failure

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Tue Aug 4 17:20:21 BST 2009

Hi tsuraan,

tsuraan wrote:
> Should rabbit be robust to power failures?

Yes, it definitely should. Do you still have the (damaged) persister log
file? It would be useful to us to be able to examine it. If you can,
please email it to me off-list... (or put it on some HTTP server I can
reach.)

>  Also, is there a better way to recover than by wiping out the files
> in the rabbit queue dir and re-initializing the queues?

Not sure. The likely answer is: no. Examining the corrupted persister
log may provide some clues, though.

> I also have the erl_crash.dump if this is a bug that could be fixed
> with a crash.dump, and I have the files from the rabbit dir that are
> causing the crash, if those would be useful to the developers.

The crash dump is likely not useful, but the other files may be very useful.

Regards,
  Tony
--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net