[rabbitmq-discuss] erlang-client issue, discarding content?

Suhail Doshi digitalwarfare at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 03:41:57 BST 2009

Hi,
So I stumbled across this:
http://www.lshift.net/blog/2008/11/14/tracing-python-memory-leaks

I basically keep the channel object and connection open the entire time so I
do not do the statup stuff over and over, is this a bad idea? Once the
channel has been retrieved, my consumer doesn't deal with it again, it just
keeps accept requests from it. I don't see any global objects of mine
increasing in size so I can only think I am doing something wrong from a
rabbitmq perspective.

def connect_consumer():
    consumer = EventQueueConsumer()
    channel = consumer.get_channel()