[rabbitmq-discuss] Millions of Queues

Brian Sullivan bsullivan at lindenlab.com
Wed Apr 29 23:15:24 BST 2009

Matthias Radestock-2 wrote:

> There is indeed some load balancing going on but, as you say, it will
> only come into play when new connections are established. Also,
> connection.redirect has been removed from version 0-9-1 of the AMQP spec
> - ordinary load balancers should do a much better job so there is no
> point in AMQP attempting to duplicate their functionality.

Hi Matthias,

Just wanted to follow up on this item.  Is connection.redirect really going
away?  If so, is there a way to turn it off in my current rabbitmq
configuration, or do I always need to use "insist" in my connection
parameters?  I scanned the docs and couldn't find anything here.

Thanks,
Brian