[rabbitmq-discuss] The Message Selector

KDr2 kdr2 at x-macro.com
Wed Apr 15 13:07:24 BST 2009

I modified the RabbitMQ's code, and provide a patch for RabbitMQ-1.5.4, you
can use it like this:

unzip rabbitmq-server-1.5.4.zip
cd rabbitmq-server-1.5.4/
patch -p1 < /path/to/carrot-rabbitmq-1.5.4-090413.patch

Then you should make the rabbitmq,after that, your rabbitmq server will have
the "Message Selector"
and "Dead Message Queue" feature.

Your server is changed, your client need some changes too(client API needs
no changes,the way you
use the API needs some changes), I provider some code to show how you use
client API after you apply
the patch, the python code is just a client code example. So, my work is not
python specific.

I has written a c++ client for RabbitMQ(AMQP-Spec-08) under linux 32bit, It
will be released after more
testing.

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 7:11 PM, Alexis Richardson <
alexis.richardson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey that looks pretty neat!
>
> Can you talk a bit more about how you are doing it?  Is it python
> specific?  (I did not look at your code)
>
> Also you mention a C++ client... any plans for that?
>
> alexis
>

> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 7:29 AM, KDr2 <kdr2 at x-macro.com> wrote:
> > I just made some extension for RabbitMQ, It is about Message Selector and
> > Dead Message,
> > maybe someone need it, here it is:
> >
> > http://x-macro.com/products/carrot
> >

> > --