[rabbitmq-discuss] channel.flow

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Wed Apr 15 07:51:29 BST 2009

Amos,

Amos Elliston wrote:
> On Apr 14, 2009, at 1:09 AM, Matthias Radestock wrote:
>> It shouldn't be hard to add support for channel.flow to your lib. I'd
>> be happy to answer any questions on how it should work.
>
> i was going to add it to mine. do you know of a good way to test
> channel.flow. can i force rabbit to send it?

At the rabbit erlang prompt, evaluate
   memsup:set_sysmem_high_watermark(0.01).
to lower the memory threshold. You should see a message
   alarm_handler: {set,{system_memory_high_watermark,[]}}
appear in the rabbit.log.

To raise the threshold again, evaluate
   memsup:set_sysmem_high_watermark(0.95).
at which point you should see
   alarm_handler: {clear,system_memory_high_watermark}
in the logs.

Matthias.