[rabbitmq-discuss] Strange behavior found under Mac OS X

Erik Gustavson EGustavson at rotohog.com
Tue Apr 14 21:37:58 BST 2009

I found this thread while researching a local problem with RabbitMQ under MacOS:
http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2008-November/002518.html

The solution of commenting of changing "start_cpu_sup" to "false" in scripts/rabbitmq-server works for me.

This seems to be happening for me because I'm using macports GNU version of uptime instead of the installed mac version:

~ # which uptime
/opt/local/bin/uptime

~ # /opt/local/bin/uptime
 12:59pm  up 4 days  4:20,  7 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.35, 0.33

~ # /opt/local/bin/uptime --version
uptime (GNU coreutils) 6.12

Written by Joseph Arceneaux, David MacKenzie, and Kaveh Ghazi.

~ # /usr/bin/uptime
12:59  up 4 days,  4:21, 7 users, load averages: 0.25 0.34 0.33