[rabbitmq-discuss] Durable queues & bindings

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Tue Apr 14 17:14:02 BST 2009

Levi,

Matthias Radestock wrote:
> The default location of the cluster config file is
> /etc/rabbitmq/cluster.config. The docs say
> /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq_cluster.config, which is wrong.
>
> Did you change that setting to point to
> /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq_cluster.conf?
>
> If not that would explain why getKnownHosts returns one node only,
> though it doesn't explain why it would only do that for 1.5.4 and not
> 1.5.3. Perhaps your config changed?

Mystery solved. The default location of the cluster config is *supposed*
to be /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq_cluster.config; and indeed that's what it
was until we inadvertently changed it in 1.5.4.

Oops. Bug filed and fixed on the bug20593 branch. Until that fix has
been qa'ed and released, please either correct the setting in the
rabbitmq-server script, set the RABBITMQ_CLUSTER_CONFIG_FILE env var, or
create a symlink from the broken location to the correct one.

Regards,

Matthias.