[rabbitmq-discuss] Durable queues & bindings

Levi Greenspan greenspan.levi at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 12 14:00:21 BST 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-12 at 00:32 +0100, Matthias Radestock wrote:
> What user did you run these as? Looks like 'user', based on the
> transcript. But usually only the 'rabbitmq' user can write to
> /var/log/rabbitmq etc, which would cause the script invocations to fail.
>
> Did you make any adjustments to the permissions, or set some env vars to
> adjust the paths, or tweak the scripts?

I have the following settings in /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.conf

RABBITMQ_NODE_IP_ADDRESS=127.0.0.1
RABBITMQ_LOG_BASE=/opt/logs/rabbitmq
RABBITMQ_MNESIA_BASE=/opt/otp/mnesia
RABBITMQ_PIDS_FILE=/opt/otp/pids

and in /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq_cluster.conf:

[rabbit at localhost].

"user" has read & write permissions to these directories.

> Also, did you try running these tests when no clustering has been
> configured and you have just a single node?

I just did and with only one node everything is fine with both versions.

> >> Nothing has changed in that area of the code. Are you sure that all your
> >> nodes are running and listening?
> >
> > Yes, I am. The test client prints the known hosts and for 1.5.3 the
> > reult is "localhost:5672", whereas for 1.5.4 it is "localhost:5673" and
> > "localhost:5672". Again I hope you can reproduce it with the attached
> > client. I am using Ubuntu 8.10 on x86 and I compiled erlang using the
> > offically released source, not the Ubuntu packages.
>
> So is it 1.5.3 that returns both hosts (which is what you said
> originally) or 1.5.4?

Sorry. Screwed versions. 1.5.3 returns both and 1.5.4 only one.

> And how did you configure the clustering?

Following http://www.rabbitmq.com/clustering.html#single-machine I just
put "[rabbit at localhost]." into /etc/rabbitmq_cluster.conf

Thanks,
Levi