[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem running rabbitmq as a non-privileged user

Jonathan Stott jonathan.stott at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 23:22:57 BST 2009

Hi

I've installed rabbitmq (v 1.5.3) with erlang R12B.5.  Using
'rabbitmq-multi start_all 1' works fine as root, creating a rabbitmq
service that I can create queues on and all seems to work fine.

When I attempt to run that as the rabbitmq user I created (via "su -c
'rabbitmq-multi start_all 1'") then the command fails with the
following errors:

https://gist.github.com/fcba8ea3cca457c8c291

As far as I can tell, the permissions on all the relevant files are
fine (That is to say, owned by root, but world readable).  Does anyone
have any idea what might be going on?

Regards,
Jon