[rabbitmq-discuss] Flow Control in RabbitMQ 1.5.3

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Wed Apr 1 19:03:10 BST 2009

Chris,

Chris Pettitt wrote:
> At a 40% high water mark with "-a -x 10 -s 2048 -f persistent" the
> broker hangs after a few toggles of the flow control. Memory usage
> sits at about %59 and the queue is empty.

That may well be due to another known problem with the persister: it can
hang on to memory for too long. We fixed that a few weeks ago and the
fix will be part of the next major release. Try out a recent snapshot in
the meantime - build instructions are at
http://www.rabbitmq.com/build-server.html

Regards,

Matthias.