[rabbitmq-discuss] Flow Control in RabbitMQ 1.5.3

Chris Pettitt cpettitt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 18:07:58 BST 2009

Matthias,

I tried MulticastMain with almost the same settings (except we're
using 2K messages) and a high water mark of 70%. With this
configuration, RabbitMQ stayed up for for much longer and I didn't see
the erlang node crash.

The difference in my producer is that it uses persistence. I see the
same crash (at 70% high water mark), using these settings with
MulticastMain: -a -x 10 -s 2048 -f persistent

Is persistent messaging compatible/supported with producer flow control?

Thanks for your help! If any specific observations, instrumentation,
logging, etc would be helpful, please let me know.

Thanks,
Chris