[rabbitmq-discuss] AS3 AMQP Library

Novak Joe joes.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 07:45:05 BST 2008

Hi,
  I'm interested in this topic as well, although I'm focusing on the
flex3+STOMP solution,
http://flexonrails.net/?p=106

  I was just about to ask a question in this same vein when I saw the
below thread.  Now I wonder if my question, and the bit of research
I've done pertaining to it, might have some relevance to yours.
  In particular, adobe seems to have ratcheted up its crossdomain
security requirements in flash9:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/fplayer9_security.html
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/fplayer9_security_05.html
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/fplayer9_security_04.html

This last is probably the most important
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/articles/crossdomain_policy_file_spec.html

  The bits related to socket policy files and xml socket are probably
of the greatest relevance.

   It seems that the latest players, whenever they try to initialize a
new socket connection, first make request for a socket policy file,
where this policy-file-request is 'just the root element of a single
node xml document' that looks like:
<policy-file-request/>
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/articles/crossdomain_policy_file_spec.html#policy-file-request

   If the socket doesn't serve a policy file, in reply to the initial
policy-file-request, the flash app will not be able to establish a
connection, leaving everyone involved rather unhappy.

   So that brings me, in a round-about way, to the initial question I
had prepared:
Is rabbitmq provisioned in any way, either via one of its adapters, or
the as3 client libraries (doubtful), to serve this socket policy file?
 If it is not so equipped, what will need to be done to equip either
rabbitmq, or in my case the STOMP adapter, with the ability to repsond
properly to flash9 policy-file-requests?

    Also, I apologize if I've completely missed the boat on this one!

   Cheers,
     Joe

>> I was wondering if anyone on the mailing list is using the AS3-AMQP
>> library in an application? I'm running into an issue where the client
>> library cannot establish a connection to RabbitMQ on a Windows system
>> using Flash 9 or above. I've spoken with Ben regarding the issue but
>> he's already too spread thin as it is, so I'd like to begin my own
>> investigation.
>I think it's great that you're looking into this one - until now the
>library hasn't been tested on Windows :-(
>Although I have to prioritize some other Rabbit stuff (and my day
>job), I will get around to looking at the issue hopefully within a
>week, so don't despair if you don't make any headway.
>At the same time I'll review your latest patches and apply them to the
>main tree where appropriate.

Ben