[rabbitmq-discuss] error connecting to rabbitmq node

Sarah Jelinek sjjelinek at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 21:15:16 BST 2008

Matthias Radestock wrote:
> Sarah,
>
> Sarah Jelinek wrote:
>> Matthias Radestock wrote:
>>> What error did you get when you tried starting the server prior to
>>> modifying the path?
>>>
>> The rabbitmq code is installed in
>> /usr/lib/erlang/lib/rabbitmq_server... And the log shows:
>>> more /var/log/rabbitmq/startup.log
>>> {"init terminating in
>>> do_boot",{undef,[{rabbit_multi,start,[]},{init,start_it,1},{init,start_em,
>>>
>>> 1}]}}
>
> That is strange. Where are your Erlang/OTP modules installed? They
> *should* be under /usr/lib/erlang/ .
I have two places where erlang appears to be installed:

/usr/lib/erlang

And:

/usr/local/lib/erlang.

The rabbitmq-server is installed in /usr/lib/erlang/lib/ location. There
are two mnesia apps installed, one in each of the above as well.

Could this be causing the confusion/issues?

thanks,
sarah
****