[rabbitmq-discuss] Erlang resh - shell process terminated.

newps fingermark at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 15:03:42 BST 2008

I'm trying to connect to the RabbitMQ Erlang node so that I may run some of
the rabbitmq_amqueue functions, but I cannot.  I'm using the CohesiveFT
Elastic Server, packaged with RabbitMQ.

Note that I'm trying to connect to the Erlang node from the RabbitMQ server.

cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 srabbitmq

sudo rabbitmqctl status
Status of node rabbit at srabbitmq ...
[{running_applications,[{rabbit, "RabbitMQ", "1.2.0"}, ...

erl -sname foo -resh rabbit at srabbitmq
*** ERROR:  Shell process terminated! (^G to start new job) ***

erl -sname foo
(foo at srabbitmq)2> net_adm:ping(rabbit at srabbitmq).
pang

What am doing wrong?