[rabbitmq-discuss] Error code 541

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 13:47:31 BST 2008

Eran,

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Eran Sandler <eran.sandler at gmail.com> wrote:
> The publish code keeps on working correctly while the BasicGet code, on the
> BasicGet call gets the 541 error.

Thanks for publishing the code, and no offense intended, but the easy
you make it for us to reproduce your problem, the more likely it that
you will get a response. So could you attach a complete working class
that we can just run. Otherwise we need to piece your code snippets
together ourselves, which costs us time.

For example, it is difficult to tell what queues you have bound to
what exchanges.

Also, when you are publishing a message you seem to passing in an
empty string for the exhange name and the routing key - this seems a
little strange.

> When all of this started to happen I delete the content of the DB folder,
> recreated everything (including redefining the user, vhost and durable
> queue) and restarted the app again.
>
> It worked for a while but kept on happening again. I have a snapshot of all
> the files but the persister is about 180MB (which seems to be its average
> size).
>
> Now it runs for about 12 hours through the command line (not erlsrv) and so
> far it seems ok.
>
> The memory jumps up and down reaching ~500-600mb and sometimes dropping back
> to 100mb and going straight up to 500-600mb. Currently its ~300Mb.

As indicated before, depending on what you are doing, this may create
more or less load of the routing infrastructure in Rabbit.

BTW, do you need to use Basic.Get?

Would Basic.Consume be an option?

Ben