[rabbitmq-discuss] [BUG] Erlang RabbitMQ client requires installed server code

Edwin Fine rabbitmq-discuss_efine at usa.net
Mon Sep 8 03:28:32 BST 2008

So here's my first change (attached file ampq_connection.erl).

I've modified amqp_connection to be completely dynamic and not depend at all
at compile time on any network driver module. Now some people may shudder at
building a module name from strings, but it's not uncommon outside Erlang
and it certainly does give flexibility.

I have successfully run the network_client_test, but could not run the
direct test. Is this possibly because the Rabbit 1.4.0 I have installed is
not in sync with the API expected by the direct driver?

As an added bonus, I was able to prevent code from running that was marked
with

%% TODO This differentiation is only necessary for the direct channel,

because the server state now "knows" what kind of connection it is.

I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on this approach, and whether
or not you can get the direct driver test to work.

Regards,
Edwin