[rabbitmq-discuss] Creating Queues and Exchanges on the Fly

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 21:22:10 BST 2008

Preston,

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 9:11 PM, Preston Marshall
<preston at synergy-solutions.biz> wrote:
> Heh, I agree, I have a hard time explaining it.  I understand topic
> exchanges (I think I do at least), but what I think I need to do is setup a
> new exchange with a routing key as the uuid of an event that is received
> through my other topic exchange. The reason I want to do this is because I
> need to pass posts and other event-specific messages, and I don't want all
> posts going to everyone, only the people who are "members" of that event.  I
> apologize if this isn't clear enough, it just seems really complicated to me

That sounds like you are chaining exchanges.

Since AMQP is consumer driven rather than producer driven, it is up
the consumers to decide who gets what. The producers act in a fire and
forget fashion.

Are you maybe concerned about ACLs at all and that is the reason why
you are doing this?

Ben