[rabbitmq-discuss] producer with no consumer

Holger Hoffstätte holger at wizards.de
Tue Sep 2 20:22:46 BST 2008

Mark Geib wrote:
> I just ran another test. Restarted the broker. Then I started the
> producer but never started a consumer and the broker process continues
> to grow in memory usage. This seems odd, since no consumer has every
> connected.

ISTM that this should be either a new exchange type (probably not really a
 viable solution) or one of several policies on the exchange in addition
to the queue lifecycle handled by the client. Just like automagic spooling
to/from disk when high/low watermarks are reached etc. The spec seems
silent on such customizable behaviour, I just looked and did not find
anything..odd.
Dropping everything by default when no client queues were yet created
would probably be surprising and unexpected..

-h