[rabbitmq-discuss] project idea for final year project

shashi fernando shash4evr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 17:04:17 GMT 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 5:27 AM, Alexis Richardson <
alexis.richardson at cohesiveft.com> wrote:

> Shashi
>

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 1:05 PM, shashi fernando <shash4evr at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > hi all,
>
> Hi :-)
>
> > im a final year student and looking for a project for my final year
> > (duration - 8 moths). Still im newbie to
> > RabbitMQ, but have experience on managing messaging protocols.
> > And i would like to carry out my project on management of distributed
> > systems while
> > making a contribution to open source world.
>
> An excellent idea!
>

> > im glad if you guys can propose some ideas relating to my interested
> areas
> > and provide
> > useful information necessary.
>
> One idea would be to look at what management tools are already
> provided by the underlying erlang/OTP platform, such as Appmon, and
> find a way to expose the most important ones to non-erlang users.
> There are lots and lots of ways that this could be done, but the
> easiest would be via completely language neutral means, e.g. HTTP,
> SNMP and of course AMQP.
>
> Another - complementary - idea is this: If you look at current
> research into systems management for the industry, people are saying
> that WS-Man is too complicated and that providing a RESTful interface
> would be better.  Certainly RabbitMQ would be a good harness to show
> such an invention.
>
> Also, you could look at using queues to manage other things, by the
> command pattern.
>
> It all depends how much work you want to do yourself, and how much you
> want to make use of existing tools.
>
> Other folks on the list may have suggestions.  Perhaps we can pool
> them and help you figure out which is best for your goals.
>
> alexis

thank you guys for the ideas. since im newbie to this environment, i have
very little knowledge regarding the erlang/OTP platform and WS-Man (but im
going to lookin into them). Therefore can you please provide a more
ellobaration on followings ,so than i can get the exact idea and work on it.

1. *find a way to expose the most important ones to non-erlang users.
    *what the importance of such exposure* ?

2. WS-Man is too complicated and that providing a RESTful interface
   would be better.  Certainly RabbitMQ would be a good harness to show
   such an invention.

*thank you
shash*
*