[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 1.4 on RHEL 5 64-bit

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 14:50:25 BST 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 2:39 PM, John Arnold <jarnold at sydrom.com> wrote:
> Yes, as I expected, it was a PATH issue. I changed the reference to ../ebin
> in rabbitmqctl from relative to absolute ie ${RABBIT_BASE} and everything is
> tickety-boo

Good to know.

BTW as indicated in my previous post
RPMs are also available for RH on the download page.

> Follow-up question: I may be missing something, but I don't seem to be able
> to find any simple examples ie programs for sending and receiving messages.

Have you checked out the documentation on the Rabbit website?

Furthermore, there are many different examples in different languages
that you could refer to in various places on the internet - a simple
way to find out about this is to post a question to the user list (to
which I am cross-posting this message).