[rabbitmq-discuss] txAMQP and multiple queues per channel

Esteve Fernandez esteve at sindominio.net
Tue Oct 21 16:42:42 BST 2008

Hi David

On Tuesday 21 October 2008 03:15:26 David Sackett wrote:
> What is the correct way to consume from multiple queues with txAMPQ? Should
> each channel only consume from one queue? How can I safely initialise all
> my channels and queues and latter consume from other queues once in
> operation?

Sorry, that code was meant to prove that txAMQP supported multiple channels,
but I must admit that it was quite crappy. Take a look at the unit tests
found under the test directory. The test_example test is pretty complete and
easy to follow.

Back when txAMQP was released, I decided to separate the client from the
queueing code, letting developers to write their own queues. There's a simple
queueing channel class in the testlib.py file that you can use, through.
Anyway, I reorganized the source code and joined both pieces, you may get it
from:

bzr branch lp:~txamqpteam/txamqp/use-queues

Cheers.

PS: I attached a simple example of how to use the queueing code, let me know
if it works as expected