[rabbitmq-discuss] Message ack timeout

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 00:07:51 BST 2008

Dmitriy,

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 6:14 PM, Dmitriy Samovskiy
<dmitriy.samovskiy at cohesiveft.com> wrote:
> A problem of course is that something may happen before you finish ack'ing all messages
> (say after you ack'ed 2 of 5). It is my understanding that you won't be able to ack them
> all together, since basic.ack can only ack messages on its channel.

I don't know if I'm missing the point, but you can acknowledge a range
of messages that were delivered within a channel. Using this command
(basic.ack {delivery_tag = 0, multiple = true}), if you set the
multiple flag, the broker will tick off every message that a consumer
has pulled off up until the tag specified in the command.

HTH,

Ben