[rabbitmq-discuss] No "connection.redirect" support in erlang client.

Manuel Duran Aguete manuel+rabbitmq at aguete.org
Wed Oct 8 15:22:40 BST 2008

Hi,
I'm testing the erlang amqp client and seems it not supports
"connection.redirect".

2> lib_amqp:start_connection("localhost").
Have a look into this one: closed
** exception error: no match of right hand side value
{error,{{badmatch,{'connection.redirect',<<"host1:5672">>,

<<"host1:5672,host2:5672">>}},

[{amqp_network_driver,network_handshake,2},

{amqp_network_driver,handshake,1},

{amqp_connection,init,1},

{gen_server,init_it,6},

{proc_lib,init_p,5}]}}
     in function  amqp_connection:start/5

What's the correct behavior with these method ?

Close the socket and reconnect  to the host indicated ?

What state must return network_handshake to do that ?

Sorry for the questions but I'm newbie to erlang.

Thanks.