[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbit_persister:extend_transaction in chunks?

tsuraan tsuraan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 03:15:05 BST 2008

> That would work, but why would you want to do that? Have you obtained
> some measurements indicating that there is a performance problem in that
> area?

No, not a performance issue, but a memory one.  I have a file-based
queue implementation now, and it looks like it's easy enough to drop
into the rabbit_amqqueue_process, with the exception of where it calls
queue:to_list in purge_message_buffer.  I'd like to avoid having to
have the to_list called, and instead just grab a few (thousand)
messages at a time and call extend_transaction on the chunks.