[rabbitmq-discuss] Form Submission - Add A Question

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 00:25:28 GMT 2008

Drew,

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 6:24 PM, Squarespace Services
<services at squarespace.com> wrote:
> This email was transmitted via lettuce.squarespace.com.
>
> Submitted from address 157.166.167.129/157.166.167.129.

> Your Question: Two answers in this FAQ seem to contradict each other.  Namely:
>
> FAQ > Clustering > If we connect multiple nodes together will the in-memory queues will be replicated across all nodes?
>
> "... only broker entities are replicated (exchanges, queues and bindings)"
>
> This seems to imply that queue declarations are replicated across the cluster.
>
> FAQ > Clustering > If I make a queue persistent, will a copy of the queue be stored on each node in the cluster?
>
> "A queue only exists on one node in the cluster"
>
> This implies the opposite.  Which is it?  Most importantly, when a persistent queue is created I'm hoping the queue and its bindings are stored on all disk nodes.  That is the behavior I've observed at least from a consumer's perspective by testing shutting down nodes.

Fair point.

Although it appears contradictory, it is actually correct - I think
the confusion is down to the differentiation between a queue entity
and a queue process, which I have tried to clarify in this FAQ:

http://lettuce.squarespace.com/faq/queues/what-is-the-difference-between-a-queue-record-and-a-queue-pr.html

HTH,

Ben