[rabbitmq-discuss] Connection problems with Rabbitmq 1.4.0

Maarten Engelen maarten at iridia.nl
Wed Nov 26 10:49:47 GMT 2008

Hi,

At the moment I have a problem connecting to the RabbitMQ broker. I'm
running version 1.4.0 on Erlang R12B4. The OS is OS X 10.5.5. Before
running any examples I did a reset of the rabbitmq broker.

I tried connecting with a ruby client and had problems connecting. The
ruby eventmachine loop quit unexpectedly so I tried to use the
RabbitMQ Java client to see if I had better luck with that library.
But also this library crashes when connecting to the broker.

I attached the error message I get from running one of the examples:

 > java -classpath
.:rabbitmq-client.jar:commons-cli-1.1.jar:commons-io-1.2.jar
com/rabbitmq/examples/TestMain
/com/rabbitmq/examples/TestMain.class
com.rabbitmq.examples.TestMain : javac v49.0 on 1.5.0_16
AMQConnection.mainLoop: connection close
AMQConnection.mainLoop: connection close
Main thread caught exception: java.io.IOException
java.io.IOException
        at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQChannel.wrap(AMQChannel.java:105)
        at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.open(AMQConnection.java:359)
        at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.<init>(AMQConnection.java:193)
        at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.<init>(AMQConnection.java:164)
        at com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory.newConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:159)
        at com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory.newConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:207)
        at com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory.newConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:221)
        at com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory.newConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:232)
        at com.rabbitmq.examples.TestMain.runConnectionNegotiationTest(TestMain.java:118)
        at com.rabbitmq.examples.TestMain.main(TestMain.java:61)
Caused by: com.rabbitmq.client.ShutdownSignalException (connection
error; reason: java.io.EOFException)
        at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.shutdown(AMQConnection.java:588)
        at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection$MainLoop.run(AMQConnection.java:458)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readUnsignedByte(DataInputStream.java:264)
        at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.Frame.readFrom(Frame.java:111)
        at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.SocketFrameHandler.readFrame(SocketFrameHandler.java:143)
        at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.readFrame(AMQConnection.java:284)
        at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection$MainLoop.run(AMQConnection.java:427)

I get similar errors when trying to set up a connection with my own
Java code. Any ideas on what may cause this are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Maarten