[rabbitmq-discuss] timing out during startup in etch

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Fri Nov 21 20:14:12 GMT 2008

Brian,

Brian Sullivan wrote:
> We're having some trouble getting the server started on some new debian
> servers (etch) we're looking to migrate to.   We had no trouble running
> the broker on our prior boxes (running sarge).

What version of Erlang/OTP are you running now (on etch), and previously
(on sarge)?

> *timeout_waiting_for_tables*

Are you running in a clustered configuration? If so, rabbit might be
waiting for the other nodes to come up.

Alternatively, perhaps your mnesia dir (/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit)
got into a a weird state. Try clearing it.

Matthias.