[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-discuss Digest, Vol 18, Issue 34

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at cohesiveft.com
Tue Nov 18 15:18:32 GMT 2008

Ilya,

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Ilya Grigorik <ilya at aiderss.com> wrote:

>> Also, it is questionable as to whether this would be the best way to
>> solve the infamous queue paging problem.
>
> Yep, good points. I think we'll go ahead an implement our own backup
> strategy for time being, but I do hope that we'll see some sane overflow
> conditions make it to RabbitMQ sooner rather than later (number of messages,
> ttl, whichever).

Great - please keep sending detailed feature requests on the overflow
conditions to the list.

All,

At the RabbitMQ meet up in San Francisco recently I asked people for
their top 'wanted' features.  The answers were:

- qos
- pluggable queues / disk paging
- management
- even simpler 'send' + 'get' type clients

Any other things - or are these still the 'top few'?

alexis