[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-discuss Digest, Vol 18, Issue 34

Valentino Volonghi dialtone at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 18:06:59 GMT 2008

On Nov 16, 2008, at 7:26 AM, Ilya Grigorik wrote:

> > Filling up a SAN though can be considered an exceptional and
> absolutely unavoidable last barrier, after all if you manage to fill
> up to
> > 500GB of space of an average consumer disk probably you forgot
> that the server even exists.
>
> Not entirely true, based on my calculations we (AideRSS) would need
> ~250GB of space to buffer a day's worth of messages, and that is
> something we're aiming for. (Though we may be an edge case)

Wow, point taken I guess, It's also true that SAN are usually bigger
than 500GB though.
That point was referring to filling up the disk space on the machine,
of course in that
case there's nothing rabbitmq can do to avoid crashing other than
start dropping messages
and so on.

--
Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone