[rabbitmq-discuss] Exchanges, Routing, and AMQP

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 12:30:29 GMT 2008

Peter,

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Peter Silva <Peter.A.Silva at gmail.com> wrote:
> um... ok...
> I guess one should't say 'show me the code' if one isn't prepared to look at
> it.

I didn't say that I wouldn't look at it, I just said that I have a lot
of things to do on Rabbit and need to spread my efforts to be fair to
eveybody :-)

> but hey, this is a rabbit list, I only brought it up in order to share
> impressions about how the bindings are defined in AMQP.

It's perfectly fine to discuss this on the Rabbit list, IMHO.

> What could be in it for rabbit...
> Does rabbit want some protocol drivers?  We have solid ones for FTP and
> SFTP. I doubt you'd be interested in the others...  similarly to the way I
> was looking at using rabbit to provide functionality that isn't in metpx.
> rabbit might just want to use metpx as a realy sympathetic protocol driver.
>   Just looking for win-win... ymmv.

This is good to know.

> I would, except when I went to the AMQP lists I could see, they were dead.
> maybe I didn't find the right ones.  The action seems to be over here, plus
> the whole routing thing was just an aside from reading the above, my aim is
> what was described above.

I can't help you with the AMQP lists either, I don't know who runs
them. By posting to this list, you might get an answer, if it's not
official.

Ben