[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq bugs and issue database

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Sat Nov 8 07:26:57 GMT 2008

Graham,

rrabarg2 wrote:
> Could you give me an idea of how many bugs are on the database at the
> moment, and how many are critical and major?

What exactly do you mean by "bug"? In our bug database we track almost
every single piece of work we (want to) do, whether that involves a
genuine bug, a new feature, or tasks like discussing some aspect of the
protocol with the working group, redesigning the rabbitmq web site, etc,
etc.

Similarly, what do you mean by "critical" and "major"? Having seen
bug/issue tracking systems in many organisations I can attest to the
fact that there is a vast difference in how they are being used.
Like-for-like comparisons are impossible.

In terms of evaluating rabbitmq for use in your organisation, do you
have some specific metrics in mind?

Regards,

Matthias.