[rabbitmq-discuss] Scalable Routing

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 01:57:09 GMT 2008

All,

One of the things that we've spent a lot of time on since the 1.4.0
release is redesigning the core routing mechanisms of Rabbit to make
it scale with no worse than linear cost.

This work passed QA today and has been folded back in the default branch.

I described what the change involves and how it was measured in this article:

http://hopper.squarespace.com/blog/2008/11/7/measuring-scalability.html

For anybody who thinks that they have a use case that may test the
correctness of our approach, please check out the latest version of
the broker from hg.

For those who would prefer to wait, this change will form part of the
forthcoming 1.5.0 release, so you'll be able to get it then.

In the meantime, any tests from the community are welcome.

HTH,

Ben